Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday...

And on time nonetheless!!

1. My family: we are healthy (except for patches of mental illness, LOL!) and love one another.

2. It is supposed to rain today, which may pull us off the roller coasters at Carowinds. I really won't mind that since the high is 99 and MUGGY!

3. My best friend is Xan's VBS teacher this week and is even bringing her home afterwards. Xan is super-pumped to be going back to "Outrigger Island" b/c she still knows (AND OFTEN SINGS!) all the songs.....A-awiki, B-awiki, C-awiki....

4. Laundry is done and all I need to do is pack for St. Petersburg. The team pulls out of town on Thursday. We are all gathering at the local Chic-fila where the restaurant has so nicely offered to feed them breakfast and give them each a voucher for a #1 combo for roadside lunch. How awesome is that!!!

5. I love my community!!! The boys were able to raise about 8,000 for the trip in a little over 2 weeks. They (and the parents) worked really hard for corporate sponsors and other donors. Let's face it, very few people have an extra couple grand hidden under the couch cushions to make a unforseen trip to Florida at the end of the summer!!

6. We had a very good turn out for our Saturday yardsale, let's just say our gas is paid up for our trip down and home.

7. I can't wait for supper tonight. I know that sound funny, but my husband made a beer in the butt chicken on the grill late last night and it smelled to high heaven as it rested on the counter to cool. AND NO, you don't drink the beer. You pop the can and fill it with rosemary and herbs, shove it in the back of the chicken to stand upright on a pan. Cook on the grill using indirect heat for exactly 2 hours. Carefully pull the "herby" beercan out of the HOT chicken and let rest on plate until cooled. Don't slice yet....too many juices will run out, mmmm!! I plan on plucking, I mean picking off the meat this evening to go on top of a yummy spinach salad before Xan has karate!!! Try it!!

8. Family and friends (many who are bloggers that I don't even know) are praying for the upcoming trip to the Little League World Series in Florida. Please pray specifically for the travel there and back and for no injuries while we stay and play.

9. Gas prices are down to 3.53 a gallon in Rock Thrill, yahoo!!! (I can't even begin to think how incredulous a sentence that is.....I'm actually glad its below 4 bucks...INSANE!!!)

10. My supper club...we had a great dinner together last Friday night. We are always abl to pick up right where we left off, thanks guys!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I will be praying for yall to have a safe trip there and back and for the players safety while playing.

Love the beer chicken too! A friend of mine made it for me once & I am going to have to get one of those stand thingys!