Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Motley Crue...

Many of you know how our family is "blended" to say the least. We all share Blake, Xan is "ours", Sara Kate is "theirs", and we're all one big happy family. Weird right?? We are constantly asked, "How do you do it?" In fact, just tonight, my younger cousin asked Robbie and I the very same question in reflecting how she too is from a divorced family that both have re-married. She was inquiring on how we just make it work and look effortless. It hasn't always been that way and very few people have seen the hurt and anger behind the scenes for so many years in the beginning. But like I told my sweet cousin this evening (love you Hannah!)....It just took too much energy and exhaustion to carry around that much anger and paranoia, so you just put your big girl panties on and deal with it, no matter what. And from that moment, I have never looked back and never questioned myself again as a wonderful wife, a great step-mom to Blake, and a dear friend to my husband's ex-wife. Again, weird right?? Maybe one day that book deal will actually prevail and Random House will beat on my door for the first draft, but until then, just live for who are in the present and never doubt in hindsight what may have been. Okay, now that I have purposely squeezed this little lecture in between these two great pictures of all of "our" kids, enjoy our life lesson and maybe you too will release the baggage that is just too heavy to tote around anymore.


4 comments:

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations!!!

Jill said...

I think that is so wonderful that you all get along! The kiddos will all benefit so much from that!

Have a great weekend!!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Cute kids!!!

Haven't seen you in awhile! Hope you're doing well!

Blessings!

Jill said...

Thanks Nikki! I have a Nikon D50 camera & LOVE it!