Monday, June 23, 2008

VBS at FBC...


I live for this week of the year!! Vacation Bible School has always been one of my favorite things to do ever since I was old enough to go. The smell of glue (paste back then) and popsicle sticks was everywhere, and I always wanted to be the first to memorize the bible verse for the worse-than-a-gumball machine prize....but I loved it!!! I feel the same as an adult, but for another reason. We are providing a mission field for the community of this town, and so many times it is the unchurched kids that come and take their joy home to their unchurched parent(s). I work from above (sound/lights/media/computer room) and I feel a little like God must feel when he looks down and sees His children raising their hands in joy for Him. It is such a blessing to be "behind the scenes" and watch from above (the second floor) when noone else thinks they are being watched (that sounded kinda stalkerish??), but truthfully, I love watching the kids (and adults) be completely off key and have two LEFT feet....it's precious!! I hope to post a Salvation number at the end of the week letting you know every ounce of preparation is all worth it!! And if you've been to Outrigger Island, or are planning to go this summer......"ALOHA, and A-Wiki, B-Wiki, C-Wiki!!"

1 comment:

Jen Whisonant said...

"I know my God is real and nothing will change how I feel..."

(play air bongos..here)

Love it Girl!