Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Masters...green, of course!





OH MY GOSH....we had the perfect day in Augusta!! My 3:45am wake-up call for the 7am arrival time was well worth it!!! The weather started out quite nippy (42* in a sundress is not the tropics), but by noon it was 78* and gorgeous!! I was absolutely speechless as we entered the gates and passed by the clubhouse. It was like stepping back in time. HDTV can't even show you the true green hues and brightly colored azaleas that you see. It was amazing. We followed the crowds and caught up to several big-name groups. Ladies, you know my goal was to find my "boyfriend" Sergio Garcia.....we did!!! My hubbie was too sweet in helping me on my mission too, brownie points for him. We found him on the back nine, along with Robbie's highlight of his life as well...Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus together on 14. I inched up to the tee box and got xome great pics. Even I know how big this was, and I'm not even a player. There was a guy standing beside me and he mumbled, "I think I am going to vomit, this is too big!" I just giggled b/c it was so funny to hear a grown man get the jitters from seeing someone. Well, the day continued and we took in some great (and extremely CHEAP) lunch on the move and proceeded to walk around seeking my man. For an hour and a half we watched Amen's Corner from the best seat on the course. AT&T had set up 4 chairs against the ropes and none of the corporate big-wigs were there at the time, so the course guard told us to just have a seat and enjoy, wow! Here is only a few (out of 135 I took) pictures from the higlight of my Spring Break....maybe my life!! ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like you had a blast! I'm glad your husband supports you in your "man mission". My man is Tim McGraw & my husband took me to go see him on our anniversary last summer! We have great husbands!