Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Today is devoted to the 13 worst Homework excuses I have ever heard in my 8 years of teaching in the South Carolina Public School System. Have a chuckle or two at my former students' expense.


  • I could not turn in my homework because I was finishing it on the way to school and while passing a big truck it blew out the window.

  • My dog ate the disk my homework was on.

  • My lizard died and I just wasn't in the mood for thinking.

  • I couldn't do my homework because it got dark inside and Mom didn't pay the powerbill.

  • I took a nap afterschool and never woke up until this morning.

  • "Mrs. GH, I have 5 brothers and we all play football. Do you know what our game schedule looks like?"

  • You never told us we HAD to do it EVERY night.

  • "I did my homework at my momma's boyfriend's house and forgot it there." Teacher to Johnny Banana, "Isn't your mom married to your dad?" Johnny's answer, "Uh-huh, but we see him when we get home." (Johnny was excused for that night's work)

  • My right hand hurt so I tried to write it with my left and it didn't look good so I threw it away.

  • My dad didn't do it for me last night like he said he would.

  • I thought we were moving and I wouldn't be here today. (Remember people, I used to teach in da' hood and the population was quite transient.)
  • Teacher to student, "You didn't get your reading log signed last night, Why?" Student to teacher, "I didn't think you'd want to see that I read my dad's Playboy?" (students was excused for that night)

No comments: